Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do you think Spector divide opinion so much?

:: SPECTOR :: Band Talk

Go down

Why do you think Spector divide opinion so much? Empty Why do you think Spector divide opinion so much?

Post by Quarter-life crisis Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:43 pm

As someone who pretty much loves the band, despite only knowing them for around a year, it irks me when I see people slagging them off, even though I know you should respect their opinions and whatnot.

Every time there's an NME article about Spector, there's usually a bunch of smart-alec posters calling them 'overhyped', 'hipsters' or just 'crap', and often it'll be top comment. I even saw a local band recently (Dead Sons) who started badmouthing them... They've said the same about a couple of other popular indie groups as well though, so I think they might just have some sort of inferiority complex.

It does kinda show you why the charts are filled with boybands and pop singers at the minute... it's because good new guitar bands like Spector are being talked down and made fashionable to dislike!

Sorry for the rant, Merry Christmas everyone!
Quarter-life crisis
Quarter-life crisis

Back to top Go down