Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Royale - March 26th, 2010

3 posters

:: SPECTOR :: Tour Talk

Go down

Club Royale - March 26th, 2010 Empty Club Royale - March 26th, 2010

Post by specalentor Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:18 am

Please post any information regarding the pre-Spector 'Club Royale' performance on March 26th, 2010 in this topic.
specalentor
specalentor

Back to top Go down

Club Royale - March 26th, 2010 Empty Re: Club Royale - March 26th, 2010

Post by Jo_sephine Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:22 am

this is true. the 2010 show could not have been them cause I saw Club Royale later in march 2010 so they weren't Spector back then.

Last edited by Jo_sephine on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Jo_sephine
Jo_sephine

Back to top Go down

Post by specalentor Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:29 am

Jo_sephine wrote:this is true. the 2010 show could not have been them cause I saw Club Royal later in march 2010 so they weren't Spector back then.

Do you remember who was the drummer? the girl as well?

Is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] bringing back some memories? Check the "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" post and correct us if anything wrong, especially the photos.  We were not entirely sure if those photos were taken on that day, and do you happen to have taken some, or any more reviews you wanna share? Happy

And "cause I knew an old version from youtube where he was singing and Alan Pownall was playing guitar", now I want to hear this so much! Sad  Probably not there anymore...?
specalentor
specalentor

Back to top Go down

Club Royale - March 26th, 2010 Empty Club Royale - March 26th, 2010

Post by Jo_sephine Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:47 am

I can't remember if it was a girl to be honest :-S I only knew who Fred was back then and kept an eye out for more Club Royal stuff later but there never really came anything. Until Spector showed up of course. So at that night I payed attention to Fred but not so much the rest of the band. 

definitely bringing back some memories =) 
The photos you posted were taken that night. Sadly I only have a few personal ones (e.g. a very awkward one of me and Henry Lloyd-Hughes haha) but none showing the Spector guys. 

As for the version of What you Wanted with Alan: I can't find the video on youtube anymore... but I have uploaded the audio to my blog [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jo_sephine
Jo_sephine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:57 am

Hey guys. Loving the discussion here! It's very interesting to delve back into Spector's past. The thread 'Entire gig history' is intended for documenting a full history of Spector gigs. I have moved your discussion to a new thread - please continue here!

Moderation: The topic 'Entire gig history' was split and the new topic was named 'Club Royale - March 26th, 2010'. 
Tyler
Tyler
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by specalentor Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:38 am

Thanks, Tyler! Happy

And thanks a lot, Jo! That's a very important evidence of the song's middle eight's changing. As the band mentioned in commentary, there were about five different ones. Now we got to know three, lol. See, how many efforts Fred's made for a super catchy song!
specalentor
specalentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down